Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, May 26, 2012

{ Cookie Dough Bites }




Cookie Dough Bites? I'm not even joking right now!!

The Bean is a cookie dough freak. Freak, I'm tellin ya.

As I alluded to in this post, there would be more cookie dough goings on on this blog.

So, here it is.

The Cookie Dough Cupcakes are Bean's favorite favorite apparently.  

He begs lil a wee pup when I'm making cookies for a bite of dough. Or steals it when I'm not looking, the dirty rotten scoundrel!

So, when I found the cookie dough recipe for the cupcakes, and realized it was eggless, it seemed like the perfect fix for his obsession.

What you do, is make the exact recipe as in the cupcakes. 


Egg-less Cookie Dough

1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 Tablespoons granulated white sugar
4 Tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup miniature chocolate chips


(original recipe by Recipe Girl


Beat the butter and the sugars together, add the salt, soda, and vanilla. Then add the flour. Add the milk and beat until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula.

Roll into balls. Should make about 24.

I used the Pampered Chef small scoop. 

Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes.

(I didn't use parchment here, and you don't HAVE to, but you'll have to pry the lil suckers off)


 After freezing, melt up some chocolate. A few at a time (placing the rest back in the fridge or freezer), dip in the chocolate. Fully coat. Using a fork, remove from chocolate and tap off excess. Place on foil/parchment to dry. 



If you wish, throw on a few sprinkles, or swirl on some white chocolate.


AS SOON AS THEY ARE DRIED, EAT THEM.

Go on, you know you want to! 

Kidding (sort of).

 Store in an air tight container in the fridge. Should stay fresh for about 3 days.




So, once again, I thought I invented something, and once again, I was SO wrong. 
After a little Google consultation, I came to find that many people have made these long before me.

One day I WILL invent something. Darn Googledwellers beating me to everything!


9 comments:

  1. LOL I was the same way, I had the idea a few years back, then thought about how to make it egg less. And of course google proved all the cool ideas I have have been done before. none the less they are awesome, and that is what counts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazingly delicious
    I've never tried it before but I think I must

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM. Love these! Thanks for sharing your ideas on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We'll see you next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cookie dough truffles are like crack, so you can't really blame him for being addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cookie dough! My mouth is watering at the thought! I would love for you to share these at our Fabulous Friday Party! http://www.serenabakessimplyfromscratch.com/2012/06/fabulous-friday-party.html
    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking this deliciousness up on our Fabulous Friday link party. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious! My daughter and Mother NEVER get through making cookies with all the dough baked! This is the perfect dessert for them. What a treat. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a great weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, this would be dangerous to have here... Too many cookie dough fans! And I would have to share it :) Thank you for linking up to Fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...