Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

{Peanut Butter Oatmeal M&M Cookies}


You know how they say you can have too much of a good thing?

False.

Because peanut butter, oats, and M&M are all good things. If you mix them together with sugar & butter (again, good things), throw in a little flour and a few extra things, you'd THINK it'd be too much. Too much of a good thing. 

But you'd be wrong.

My husband was once such thinker. When I told him I was making PB Oatmeal cookies he thought that sounded good. When I said I was putting in M&Ms he began to doubt.

"Maybe that's TOO much".

Wrong.

He LOVES them. So clearly, I was right.

As usual. ;)



These are soft, tender, and peanuty with bursts of M&M goodness.

They are quick and easy to make. Make them and your family too will go from doubters to believers.

For real.




You can always use chocolate chips instead of M&Ms, or leave the chocolate out altogether (but, WHY? I ask. WHY??).


The perfect thing about these cookies is this:

Not too much oatmeal for someone who isn't an oatmeal fan, but not too little oatmeal for someone who IS an oatmeal.

Oatmeal cookies are hubs favorite, but not Bean's. Bean's favs are peanut butter and chocolate chip.

So, well, I made this cookie and all was right in the land.

A true winner in our house.

Hope you like 'em too!

Tina

P.S. If you haven’t already,  you can ‘like’ my Facebook page here, and follow me on twitter here, and you can follow me on instagram here.


Peanut Butter Oatmeal M&M Cookies
Recipe by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers


3/4  cup ( 1 1/2 sticks) butter (at room temp)
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup M&Ms

Preheat oven to 375 F.

Mix together the flour, soda, oats, and salt in a bowl. Set aside. 

In a mixing bowl, cream the softened butter & the sugars together. Add the eggs, then the vanilla. Mix in the peanut butter. Slowly add the dry ingredients in. Once they are incorporated, stir in M&Ms.

Roll into balls and place on parchment paper lined (or silpat or greased) cookie sheets.

Flatten slightly with a fork in the classic peanut butter cookie "criss cross".

Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for about 3 minutes before moving to cooling rack.

5 comments:

  1. These look like a perfect thing to me. I love the combination of chewy and crunchy from the oatmeal and the M&Ms. I wish I was eating one right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are genius! love them. but is that 3/4 cup butter or 3/4 of the stick butter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOrry! Thanks for letting me know, it's 3/4 cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these the other day and they came out amazing! I've blogged about it on my blog today
    www.tinaschic.com

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...