Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

{Cauldron Cakes & Butterbeer}



Want more Harry Potter ideas? 
Check out my 
EPIC HARRY POTTER PARTY POST HERE!!

Also, check out my highly detailed post about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter @ Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando! 

See ALL my Potter posts here!


Pin It



To say that I'm a Harry Potter fan is a vast understatement.

I've been to midnight releases for 3 of the books. 
I have 29 copies of the books (4 full sets and 1 new set to start working on).

I quote the movies, much to the annoyance to others in the room with me.

Approximately 1/2 of my brain is packed with HP facts, give or take a lobe.

And yes, I'm *that* person that leans over and whispers...

"It didn't happen like that in the book!"

So in celebration of the final movie (yes, I have midnight screening tickets!), here are 2 of the most talked about treats in the wizarding world.

Cauldron Cakes & Butterbeer

Cauldron Cakes.

These are just my Secret Cupcakes with a chocolate Twizzler in them. Black Licorice would work too... not that anyone wants to eat those things. :oD

And the Butterbeer.
Now, I've never been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal (gasp! I know... I'm distraught about this point), but I hear the Butterbeer is ah-maze-ing.

I have no first hand knowledge of this tasty, tasty, treat, but I did some digging on the internet and found about 600,000 recipes for Butterbeer. 

Well, that might be an exaggeration. Fine, 599,999.

I found one I wanted to try, but I can never leave a recipe alone, so I tweaked it to my liking.

If you try it, be sure to let me know what you think!
And remember, when you hear that Potter nerd behind you whispering,

"that's NOT what is supposed to be happening!", it might just be me.

Happy Potter Release!


~Tina

P.S. If you haven’t already,  you can ‘like’ my Facebook page here, and follow me on twitter here, and you can follow me on instagram here.

Shared on Momnivore's Dilemma 10-6-11



Butterbeer
Here is the original.

And here is mine:

3/4 cup dark brown sugar

2 tablespoons water

1 Stick Butter (1/2 cup)*

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup Half and Half

3 Tablespoons Butterscotch Syrup (more for garnish)

Whipped Topping (spray can type)

Chilled Cream Soda


*use real butter

In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for about 2 minutes. Watch closely, stirring constantly.

Stir in the butter, Butterscotch topping, and salt.

Set aside to cool off, for about 20 mins. Do not allow to fully cool.
 
Once the mixture has cooled, add in the Half and Half.

Whisk until smooth

For serving, divide the brown sugar mixture between glasses a couple Tablespoons for each glass*.

Add cold cream soda, and stir.

Top with whipped topping, and drizzle with Butterscotch topping.

*Try a Tablespoon or two, taste, and then add more if you like.
Recipe updated 9/2012
 

8 comments:

  1. im going to try it tonight let you know how i like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! This is my new favorite blog! Harry Potter rocks my socks! and I am SOOOOOOOOO making these this weekend when my sister and I have our Harry Potter movie marathon!! Thanks so much :D and I agree with the gazillion butterbeer recipes ;P lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've added Rum Extract as well and It made it taste alchoholic but it obviously isn't. I've never used the half and half in the mixture but I bet it's good and I would also never use a fourth of a cup of that mixture it is far too sweet. I find it better to add the sweet mixture to your taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A friend made this for me and I made it for my kids. The first time was a bit rich so I put a bit less of the base & more soda and it was perfect. My kids loved it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, thanks! I think more soda is good myself. As I mentioned in the recipe, it's a bit too sweet for me. I've considered editing the recipe to reflect that.

      Delete
  5. love this post and found my soul mate. lol definitely doing this for my Potter Bday Party. f.y.i. James Potter Birthday is the same days as mine. lol

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...