Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

{ Snowflake Crunch Popcorn }


It finally snowed. Enough to cover the ground anyway. 

*grumble grumble*

Is it bad that I want it to snow, like, a lot? 

I love snow, I love to watch it fall. It’s beautiful and magical.

Yay…snow!

Unless I have to drive in it.

Then I HATE snow.

Boo… snow!

Snow makes me think of all things white.

And blue.

What’s with the white/blue/snow trend anyway? Is it because of the blue sky against the white snow?

Or because your lips turn blue if you are out in it too long?

Either way, when I think snow, I think white and blue.


I’ve mentioned I’m not that much into fake, ahem, white chocolate, yes?

Other people, apparently, like this stuff.

A LOT.

So, I made some white chocolate covered popcorn.

IMG_9727

Blue and white… pretty, right?

(ooh, unintended rhyming!)

So, you can do this one of two ways.

Or two of two ways, if you prefer- who am I to say?

You can do this with a marshmallow base, or just straight white chocolate.

Both recipes are below.


IMG_9715

IMG_9717

IMG_9718

IMG_9729


Of the 2, I prefer the marshmallow only popcorn.
But then again, I don't like white chocolate, remember? So who am I to judge?


So, you’ve probably figured out already that I had to pick all the blue M&Ms out of the package for this.
This is a great menial task for teenagers. Let them eat all the M&Ms they wish EXCEPT the blue.
Eating the blue should be punished harshly. You know like refusing to buy Pizza Rolls or something.

However, I noticed looking in the blue-less bowl how odd the M&Ms looked.
Then I realized, this is almost what they looked like when I was a kid.

Whoa.. weirdness.

C’mon people, you know you remember them too.
There *is* one color missing from then. Hint, it’s not blue Winking smile
Who can name it?

IMG_9723
Tina




Marshmallow White Chocolate 
Snowflake Crunch Popcorn
1 bag of popped 94% Fat Free popcorn (unpopped kernels removed)
1/4 cup butter (butter only)
1/2 bag marshmallows

Melt butter in pan, add marshmallows. Melt those as well.
Once melted, stir popcorn in to fully coat.

Turn out onto parchment paper/wax paper/foil lined baking sheet to cool.

Once cool, eat as is- OR proceed with chocolate step (using the popcorn you’ve already coated, of course, not popping another bag).

White Chocolate Snowflake Crunch Popcorn

1 bag of popped 94% Fat Free popcorn (unpopped kernels removed)
3-4 blocks of white almond bark
2 teaspoons oil/shortening
blue M&Ms
blue sprinkles

In a microwave safe bowl, add the almond bark and oil. Melt at 30 second intervals (stirring between). Should take less than 2 minutes to melt.

Pour over popcorn.  Gently stir to fully coat.
Add in blue M&Ms and blue sprinkles

Lightly toss to incorporate.
Turn out onto parchment paper/wax paper/foil lined baking sheet to cool.
Once cooled, you’ll need to break apart larger pieces.


Shared at:



14 comments:

  1. I love this and how yummy! I would love for you to link it up next week on my blog. The challenge is winter crafts and ideas. I love it when food gets linked up. There is a prize up for grabs.
    www.thecsiproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. and of course there are red ones. There were no reds when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the ugly tan ones are missing!

    And there were no red??? I don't remember this. According to wiki there was a length of time (and yes, that would be most of my childhood) when red was taken out (I do remember red dye issues in the news in the 80s). Why don't I remember this!? Great memory Memouse!

    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/68f161df17088fdcb72f4eae6133a1cb.png

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! We don't get snow here, but I'll still make this anyway. :) I'd love you to join my dessert linky, Crazy Sweet Tuesday sometime. (The link runs through Friday.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cool! What an easy way to dress up popcorn. Would be easy enough to make it red, white & blue for patriotic holidays too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the most beautiful popcorn I have ever seen. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog till Monday night and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your popcorn up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2012/01/sweets-for-saturday-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, everyone!

    Lisa & Dorothy- Thanks for the invites, I've linked up at both your places :D

    I have a (sad little) linky party going on here right now, I'd love if you'd join!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, this is too cute. Love the blue!! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper! Have a blessed week and see you again next Sunday.

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! It's perfect for winter, and my mouth is watering!! I am going to have to make some! Thanks so much for linking up to Oopsey Daisy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just featured this tonight--thanks for inspiring! :) http://www.oopseydaisyblog.com/2012/01/wednesdays-wowzers-2-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stumbled on your page on accident and LOVE! The snow!! That is exactly it!! No!! it is NOT bad to want it to snow. ALOT!! (yay snow!!) EXCEPT if you have to drive in it!! (Boo snow!) Or unless you have to shovel the drive way and don't have a teenage son to shovel! (again - BOO snow!!) And "WHITE" chocolate?? Really? All true self respecting chocaholics know there is no "white" in chocolate!! :D
    no worries of High School-esque rejection!!
    (Have to add my comment as anonymous - like I said... stumbled on accidentally!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, What a yummy recipe. I must say that a combination of your recipes and a nice popcorn popper would be enough to spent a good holiday.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...