Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, November 17, 2014

{ Peach And Pecan Kitchen Sink Cake }


I'm not sure how it happened, but suddenly, the holidays are upon us.

Every year I start shopping prior to vacation (we go the first part of September every year). You'd think this would afford me some relaxing moments prior to the holidays. It doesn't. Somehow, even starting in August, I'm panicking a week before Christmas arrives. Now, granted, I do shop both for my own gift giving, along with my 94 year old grandmother's gift giving. Still, you'd think August would be enough time.

Never.


So, I become a fan of shortcuts this time of year. I don't want to skimp, but quick and easy become my bros. My bros and I hang out together and chat about all their friends. One such bro is this Kitchen Sink Cake. Now, others know him by another name. I refuse to call him such things. It just doesn't sound appetizing. I think it's insulting because he really is a lovely creature. Basically, a Dump Cake is not welcome in my house. I have to make up nicknames for him. Like this.

Peach and Pecan Kitchen Sink Cake.

Granted, that isn't the tastiest sounding thing in the world, but, hey, it's better than the alternative.

This cake is easy squeezey.

It takes just a few ingredients and very little effort.

And it tastes amazing.


So quick and easy and a wonderful finish to your holiday meal or perfect for parties and potlucks.

Now I must rush back over to Amazon and place another order. Amazon is definitely my bro. Not just this season, but always. <3

Tina



Peach & Pecan Kitchen Sink Cake
by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

1 box yellow or white cake mix (I prefer yellow)
2 small (15 oz) cans of peaches
1 stick butter- melted
1/2 cup pecans- finely chopped
1/2 cup brown sugar- packed
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 F

Prepare a 9 x 13 baking dish by lightly spraying with cooking spray.

In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar.

Pour peaches into bottom of pan- do NOT drain. Sprinkle dry cake mix over. Pour stick of melted butter slowly over the top, coating as well as possible.

Sprinkle mixture of cinnamon and sugar over top, then sprinkle on pecans.

For the final step, sprinkle the brown sugar on the top as well.

Bake for 45 minutes to one hour until brown and bubbly.

Serve warm with ice cream or serve chilled with whipped cream.





No comments:

Post a Comment

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...