Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Apple Vanilla Blondies

Super, super moist. Original recipe calls for walnuts (ew), and no vanilla. Well, see, I consider it a crime in the baking world to EVER go without vanilla. It's just not natural. I even put it in my peanut butter cookies.  I like to color outside the lines! 

Meanwhile back at the whisk....



Apple Vanilla Blondies

1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
3 medium apples, peeled, cored diced
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp vanilla

optional- 1/2 cup walnuts 

Directions:

preheat oven to 350*, grease a 9x9 pan

Mix together the  melted butter with the sugar and egg until fluffy(ish- mine never exactly got what I'd call fluffy. Puffy  maybe.). Add apples and (optional) walnuts and mix lightly. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until just blended. Spread in pan and bake for 35 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.

Side bonus? Your house smells like heaven. Or how I think it should smell :D

These were possibly a little TOO moist. I think I'd add an extra 1/4c flour if you aren't going to add the walnuts. Most people will add them though. Yeah, I don't get that ;)


Original recipe was found at AllRecipes.com 

With a whisk and a dream...Tina

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm....these look good! I could make these, for sure! I'd leave out the walnuts, too, b/c my peeps don't like nuts in their baked goods. ;o)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...