Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, September 3, 2011

{Pizza Bread}

My friend, Melissa, showed me this recipe the other day.


I knew I had to make it tonight, because my friend Stephanie is coming over to play board games. 

That's board games. Contrary to our husbands' opinions, they are NOT bored games. We are fans.

They? Not so much.

Anyway, this is a modification of the recipe by The Girl Who Ate Everything's Blooming Pizza Bread.

I'll be making this, and chocolate fondue (shown below). Yes, Imma good friend ;)




Melissa, because she is evil, told me to double the butter and garlic.

I also added powdered Ranch Dressing Mix, and instead of Italian seasoning, I used dried Italian Dressing Mix.

For cheese, I used sliced Colby Jack & then also added shredded Mozzarella. 


Oh..my..sweet...Mother Mary.


You'll want to "dice" the bread without cutting the bottom crust, so it stays intact, but is easy to pull apart.


Mix the butter and seasonings in a bowl. Stick the slices of cheese (I cut mine in 1/2 first) & pepperoni between the cuts.


 Pour the butter mix over, evenly.


Wrap in foil and bake for 15 mins. Remove foil, and bake another 10.

Then... well...

Try not to drool, but dive in.


Nosh.

Yes, please.

Tina






Pizza Bread
adapted from The Girl Who Ate Everything

Here's the breakdown of my version:

1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread
4 ounces Colby Jack, thinly sliced
1 Cup Shredded Mozzerella
1 (3.5 ounce) package pepperoni, halved
6 Tablespoons butter/margarine, melted
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried Italian Dressing mix
1 teaspoon dried Ranch Dressing Mix
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
pizza/marinara sauce for dipping


Preheat oven to 350
"Dice" the bread without cutting the bottom crust, so it stays intact, but is easy to pull apart.
Mix the butter and seasonings in a bowl. Stick the slices of cheese (I cut mine in 1/2 first) & pepperoni between the cuts.  Pour the butter mix over, evenly. Wrap in foil and bake for 15 mins. Remove foil, and bake another 10.

Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. Oh Yum! My son would love this. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper!!!

    Everyday Mom's Meals

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome Tina!!! - sandygb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM SO HUNGRY RIGHT NOW AND THIS LOOKS AWESOME!! THANKS FOR SHARING AT WONKA WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna make this tonight! You made my day! Happy New Years ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gonna try this tonite....we have several children and they will gobble this up!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...