Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

{Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes & Clever Ideas from Bakingdom}


There's this blogger, who, I swear, if we lived closer, we'd totally be BFFs.

She'd come over, we'd pop in Harry Potter, plop down, munch on yummy deliciousness that we'd prepared, compare and contrast the books vs. the movies, and braid each others hair.

OK, braiding the hair would be weird, but we'd laugh and enjoy each others geeky company.

Or we'd watch reruns of Downton Abbey and sigh over the tragic love stories and shake our fists at the evil doers in the house.

Alas, she lives on the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy other side of the country. Literally. I'm in Ohio, she's in Oregon. That's like way.far.

Like me, she loves, obviously, Harry Potter, and Doctor Who, The Walking Dead, and Star Trek. Like me, she's a baker and a blogger.

However, her creatively far eclipses me. Far. And, not to be weird or cocky, but I think I'm pretty dang creative.

Not even close to Darla. Her site, Bakingdom, is so chock full of ideas, my head may implode.

See, she comes up with things like this April Showers cake that she just posted today

Photo property of Bakingdom


Then there are things like these

and  Rainbow Heart Layer Cake

Photo property of Bakingdom


Photo property of Bakingdom


There are things like these adorable Cinnamon Caramel Apple Pumpkins

Photo property of Bakingdom

And these lil baybee Pie Cakes

Photo property of Bakingdom



Next on my 'to try from Bakingdom' list are these
French Toast Cupcakes!

Photo property of Bakingdom


And DON'T EVEN get me started on her Harry Potter Treats!! Um. Yeah.


Hogwarts Cake

Photo property of Bakingdom



Photo property of Bakingdom


Photo property of Bakingdom


My FAVORITE! ZOMG!!

 Fanciful Phoenix Cake

Photo property of Bakingdom


And that, my friends, is just a SMALL sampling.

To say she is soopa doopa talented is a vast understatement.

Hang on a second. I think I'm fangirling here!

Ok. I'm fine now.

One of the very first things I found of Darla's (via Pinterest) was this Cinnamon Roll Cupcake recipe.

It. Is. Amazing.

UH-MAZE-ING.

If you like Cinnamon Rolls, check.it.out!

Deliciousness. 

I'm just pointing you in her general direction. Nothing here to see except the one photo that I will post again.


Now, here's Darla's recipe. Go.Make.Be Happy. 


By the by, Darla, if you are reading this, are you also a Firefly fan? If so, we should talk, sister!

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Tina! You are too, too, too, too, TOO kind! Thank you so much for all of your wonderful words! I'm blushing beet red here!

    You know, I totally think we'd be besties, too. I mean, DUH. I love Firefly also...I can't believe you even had to ask! I have a couple of Firefly treats lined up for the year, too!!!

    I'm so happy that you enjoy my blog...it means so much to me to know it. I'm gonna have to step up my game if I wanna keep you interested. ;)

    So...you planning a trip to OR any time soon? There's a bar in Portland that has a TARDIS in it. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all true, Darla! Your blog and creativity are amazing!!

    And I SO knew you'd love Firefly. Not sure why I had to ask, I mean, srsly! ;)

    zomg, a TARDIS on a bar! Shaddup!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...