Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

{Simple Snickerdoodle Cupcakes}


My baby Bean went to his girlfriend's Homecoming this past weekend. Her Junior Homecoming. How can they be Juniors? That's just crazy talk.

I've gotten to the point where I can barely say "I can't wait" anymore. Time passes SO quickly, I can, in fact, wait. While there are things coming up that "I can't wait" for, like Christmas, the new Hobbit movie, our trip to Florida next year with Darla... I can WAIT. I don't want to wish time away, it's too darn precious. Sigh.

So, my Bean and his Girl.


1. Aren't they cute? I think so too.

and B. SLOW DOWN the growing! TOO FAST.

So, last week, I posted about the sadness that abounds here at the moment. I mentioned in that post that I made two different kinds of cupcakes that day. This recipe is for the second batch.

I love. love. love. Snickerdoodle cookies. My love for them is so deep that I created my Pumpkindoodle cookies. It seemed only right that I make Snickerdoodle Cupcakes. There is pretty much nothing NEW on the internet anymore, but these Snickerdoodle cupcakes start with a box mix.

You're welcome.


You'll add a bit of cinnamon to the batter, and, a few minutes into the baking, you'll add a little cinnamon sugar mix to the top of the cupcakes. It adds a great crunch to them. I really love it. Yes, I totally just patted myself on the back there. I'm sorry... but not really, cause YUMMEH. Then, you'll top it all with a Cinnamon Buttercream, and to top the top... sprinkle more cinnamon sugar. YES.

I have to say that these are some of my favorite cupcakes to date, and they are just so dang easy.

They are Bean's new favorite too!


Cinnamony and sweet, they are a lovely little cake.


I think you'll like them too. Try them soon, and be sure to slow down and enjoy the moments around you. They go far too fast.

Tina


Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
Recipe by Tina @ Sugar Bean Bakers

Yield: 24 standard size cupcakes

Preheat oven to 350* F


For the cupcakes:

1 box white cake mix (plus ingredients listed on box)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

For the Cinnamon Sprinkle:
6 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine together. 

Prepare cake according to box directions. Add in cinnamon and vanilla and mix to combine.
Scoop into prepared paper lined cupcake pans. Bake for 5 minutes. Open oven and pull out rack a little (do not remove pans from oven). As quickly as possible, sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon sprinkle over the tops of the cupcakes. You will have leftover cinnamon sprinkle. Return to bake for 14-16 more minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.

Allow to cool.


For the Cinnamon Buttercream:
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 lb. (about 4 cups) confectioners’ sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 teaspoon of cinnamon

With mixer, beat butter for 3 minutes. Slowly add powdered sugar and salt and cinnamon until well combined. Add 2 tablespoons heavy cream. Beat on high for 4 minutes. If too thick, add more cream 1/2 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency.


Pipe onto cupcakes. Top cupcakes with the remaining cinnamon sprinkle.


Buttercream adapted from Bakingdom

1 comment:

  1. These sound dreamy and cozy, like a cashmere scarf. I'd love to try them.

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...