Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

{Oreo Truffles}

Dec21_2010


Simple recipe… 3 ingredients and a little time, yield lot of “OMGs” and “I LOVE YOUS”.
If you get proposed to… I plead the fifth.

Crush Oreos, mix in cream cheese, roll into balls, and dip in chocolate. 

Tip for dipping: I find it easier just to use a fork (scoop up like you would with a spoon, then tap gently so chocolate falls through the tines), though you will have a bit more chocolate waste, and really, who wants chocolate going to waste????

I'm pretty sure that is punishable by hanging in some countries.

Anyway, there you have it. Make these and people will think you are a genius. Put them on a plate with Red Velvet cake balls and Buckeyes and you'll win the Nobel.

( By the way, these so need a better name- 'balls' is rarely a good name for anything, I think I shall dress them up to be Oreo Truffles… Yeah, yeah.. Truffles.) 

You can also dip these in white chocolate bark. Or drizzle with the white chocolate. Or save a few crushed cookies to sprinkle over the tops, or add pretty sprinkles, or crushed candy canes, the possibilities are endless. 

And all end with YUM.

Tina


Oreo Truffles
1 Package Oreos
1 Block Cream Cheese
Dipping chocolate

Crush the oreos SUPER fine. In a food processor if you have one.
Mix in the cream cheese (insert manual labor here, it takes a while)

roll into balls (I use the small Pampered Chef cookie scoop for size, then roll til smooth)

let chill 1 hour

then dip in melted chocolate bark (melt per package instructions). 

To make mine a little smoother, I usually add about 1 tsp of solid shorting (uh...Crisco) to each 2 to 3 bricks of bark) using a toothpick.

Place on wax paper to dry.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!! I'll have to try it! I still have to make my Christmas cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always make these for the holidays, they are always a hit!!! :) loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...