Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

{My KitchenAid was pouting}


My KitchenAid was pouting. It had been two weeks since I’d touched him.

He was very sad.

I had to bake something tonight. Or he’d cry. And he’s metal.

Tears and metal are not a good combo.

I asked the child what he wanted. Snickerdoodles.

I said no. I’m mean.

It makes a huuuuuuge batch and the man in the house won’t eat them.

And I certainly am not going to.

Not that I couldn’t.

Because I SO could.

Let’s not dwell on that though.

Light, crispy edges meet soft centers in this Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe.

However, if you like all soft, all the time, you might try this recipe instead.
I've tried it, and we all prefer the one below.

Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick)
1 egg
1  1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 375

Mix the sugars with the shortening and butter. Add in egg. When well mixed, add remaining ingredients.
You can refrigerate if you want, but I never do.

Roll into 1” balls, place 2” apart on ungreased (or parchment papered!) cookie sheet. Dip fork in a small amount of flour and make the classic criss cross pattern (the Bean, when young, was obsessed with trains, and used to call Peanut Butter Cookies “Train Track Cookies”  because the criss cross reminded him of train tracks). Sprinkle with white sugar.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool for 5 then move to racks.

PBCookies
eat, nom, be happy.

My KitchenAid now is. :)

With a whisk and a dream… Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...