Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

{Jammin'}

No baking today, just freezer jam!

My dad, who is far more patient than I am, makes & cans jams, jellies, fruits, veggies, and sauces every year. He grows most of it too. I'm tired just thinking about it.

I like freezer jam. Squish fruit, add pectin and sugar, and stir.

Yeah....

Are you all canners out there in cyber land? Or is this a bygone era kinda thing?

If you can, tell me what in the comments!

My hubs like my dad's jam better than mine. The nerve. He only likes mine for ice cream topping. I, however, can eat it with a spoon. Of course, I can eat my dad's with a spoon too.

I should probably hide the spoons.

The photo on the fridge is the Bean last Halloween dressed for the Masquerade Ball at school. He's dressed as The Dread Pirate Roberts aka Westley from The Princess Bride. Yeah, he's awesome like that. Remind me and I'll share it sometime.


One day this week I'll be posting his favorite breakfast food, so stay tuned!

Now... where did I put those spoons...

Tina



2 comments:

  1. I am not a canner, but I do know several bloggers who are!! This jam looks amazing. You can it, I eat it, how does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made peach jam last year because my kid LOVES it. Wish I would have made strawberry jam this year. Yours looks delish. SJS

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...