Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

{ Frozen Strawberry Lemonade }


If I said summer fruit, what’s the first thing that pops to mind?

”Strawberries”.

Mmmhmmm, that’s right!

If I said summertime drink, what is the first thing you’d think of?

Am I wrong in assuming most of you said “lemonade”?
IMG_5193

So, what do you get when you put the two together into a lovely frozen concoction?

That McYouknowwhat Place has nothing on me.
I can make frozen strawberry lemonade too.

Want me to show you how?

Yeah, I thought so.

1st thing you’ll need is a blender that will crush ice (or other ice crushing equipment- your car vs. a bag of ice is not quite what I mean though).

You’ll also need:
The juice of 6 lemons**
12 or so strawberries
2 cups of water
4 cups of ice
1/2- 3/4 cup white sugar + 1 Tablespoon

**You can also make this the quick and easy way by starting with a lemonade from a  mix or pre-made lemonade.

Just make up the lemonade and use 1 cup in place of the above. Do NOT use the juice of 6 lemons or 1/2-3/4 cup of sugar in this case).

First we’ll make the strawberry puree.

Simply throw about 12 medium sized washed berries (with greens removed, obviously) into the blender with 1 Tablespoon of sugar.

Blend, then pour into a dish.

Wash your blender well.

Juice 6 lemons. You should have close to 1 cup of juice. Make sure to remove all the seeds that you may have lost into the juice.

Yes, you are smart enough to do that without me telling you to.

I apologize.



 Add the juice, 2 cups of water, 4 cups of ice and 1/2 to 3/4 cup white sugar. Start with 1/2 a cup, then taste it to your preference. It all depends on if you like a more tart lemonade or a sweeter one.
I’m tarty. Betcha could have guessed that :)

You can even add more sugar if you wish.

Blend on ‘ice crush’ until smooth (ish- I mean as close as ice can come to smooth). This only took about a minute in my black n decker.

Pour into clear glasses (or if you are like me, canning jars. I like ‘em they are quirky). You should have about 5-6 servings depending on the size of your glass.

Then spoon the puree evenly over the glasses. 
 
Give it a little swirl, top with lemon and a strawberry on the side if desired.

IMG_5216






Then kick back, relax, and enjoy the summer day.

What if you can’t drink it all at once? No worries, pour the rest of the puree into the lemonade mix and refrigerate (use with in 2 days).

Know what you get when Frozen Strawberry Lemonade melts?


Strawberry Lemonade!

It’s all good.

Things I want to try next? 

Frozen Kiwi Lemonade

Frozen Blackberry Lemonade.

oh. yes, I do.

~Tina

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm making this ASAP. It's looks so good, and your photos are incredible! Should be in a magazine or cookbook. LOVE it! : )

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this today, and it was very good! I will definitely be making it again . . . soon! Thanks again for the recipe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you liked it! Thanks for letting me know how it went for you :)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...