Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Monday, June 27, 2011

{ Easy To Make Smoothie }





The Bean?

He loves him some smoothies.

I can’t even enumerate the different locations that I’ve purchased smoothies for this child.

He’s a Smoothie Operator.

I decided to give this thing a go here at home.

How did it turn out? 

Smooth, baby.

For this recipe, like the Frozen Strawberry Lemonade recipe, you will also need a blender that will crush ice.
IMG_5551
Quick, simple, inexpensive, and loaded with good stuff.

Here’s what’s on the list:
IMG_5539 
I love the Greek Gods Greek yogurt. You can use whatever you want, but this brand isn’t full of artificial ingredients and colorings.

If I’m making a strawberry based smoothie, I like to use the Athena – which is Strawberry and Honey. For others, such as a peach smoothie, I use the Hermes which is just a honey yogurt. As I said though, you can use any basic plain yogurt, vanilla, or in this case, strawberry, of your choice.

Moving along (you’d think Greek Gods was sponsoring me, eh? I wish!).

IMG_5542

I use about 3 and a half cups of fruit. For this smoothie, I used Strawberries, banana, and a handful of blueberries.

nom.

I've also been known to sneak in a handful of spinach!

IMG_5545

Throw in 2/3 cups of yogurt (again, here I’m using the strawberry and honey-see, white, not fakey pink, in case you missed that. ha.).

IMG_5547
Now add:

1/2 cup milk (I use skim)

1 teaspoon vanilla (you know how I love my vanilla)

Sugar to taste (optional)-


and 8 ice cubes (I use the the half moon shaped ice cubes from my ice maker)

I blend until I can stop hearing the ice clinking around. Usually about 1 minute.
And….

IMG_5564 

Top with whipped topping if desired.

Delicious summer treat. Low fat, full of fruit, and refreshing!

mmmmmmmmm……

and of course my favorite part? This recipe saves me a ton of cash! 

Thankyouverymuch.

Hope you enjoy it, the Bean sure does!



~Tina

7 comments:

  1. Printed this one out! I have all the ingredients already....Will try it out tomorrow! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love smoothies, too! This looks delicious! I've seen the Greek God's yogurt at the store, but haven't tried it yet. Now I will definitely try it. : )

    P.S. LOVE the photos! Simply lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Post back and let me know what you think when you try them, ladies!

    Michelle- re: Greek Gods- they are smooth yogurts, btw, they don't have chunks of fruit in them. So, if you like chunky, you may not like them for regular eating. great, great, great for smoothies though, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Tina! I've been making these EVERY DAY for breakfast! So YUMMY! I LOVE the Greek God's yogurt! So far, I've only tried the Honey flavor. I wasn't expecting to love it, but I do! I contacted the company, and they sent me three 50 cent off coupons. I thought the coupons might be a little better than that, but at least it's something. Their yogurt is not cheap, but it's worth it. I really can't get over how great it tastes. I think I'm going to try the Strawberry-Honey flavor next.

    Thanks again for sharing this recipe (it puts my 14 pounds of blueberries that we picked to good use!)

    Thanks again for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Michelle!

    So glad you are all enjoying the recipe.

    The Greek God's is really great, isn't it!

    What a great idea to write them for coupons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tried the Strawberry-Honey flavor, but like the Honey flavor better. It is SO GOOD! Love it! It's on sale at my grocery all month for $3.99, so $3.49 with the coupon. That's a lot better than $5. How much is it for you? Did you contact them for coupons?

    A couple times I forgot to put the vanilla in, and I could tell the difference. It really adds that extra "something." Tomorrow I'm going to use the smoothie mix to make Popsicles. I may be able to sneak some fruit into Ryan and Julie that way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Michelle, I'm just seeing this comment about 6 months later! haha..

    I've never contacted them for coupons, but the big tubs here (like in the picture) run around $4.

    Yeah, the vanilla just tweaks it a bit, doesn't it?

    How did the popsicles go?

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...