Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, June 4, 2011

{Very Berry Trifle}

Light and refreshing is always the way for summer cook out desserts, don’t you think?

well, I do anyway.

For Memorial Day I whipped up this Very Berry Trifle.


IMG_5043
Check out my retro bowl. You know you love it. It’s circa 1969, one of my parent’s wedding gifts.

It's groovy, man.

The word trifle means: 
 an article or thing of very little value.
 
Which I find pretty ironic, because a good dessert is not of little value. 

Can I get an “amen!”. 

To make this you’ll need these items: 

1 Angel Food Cake
1 Box Instant Vanilla Pudding- 3.4 oz
1 Package Cream Cheese (softened)- 8 oz
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 container frozen whipped topping, thawed (12 oz)
4 cups berries of your choice (I used blueberries, strawberries and blackberries)
 
Start by tearing your angel food cake in pieces (try not to eat them all. I struggle with this step). 

Your first layer in your bowl will be the cake. Use about 1/3 of the cake. 

IMG_5036
Beat together, the milk, pudding, cream cheese, and sugar.

I used only 1 cup milk in mine. You’ll notice the thickness. I recommend using at least 1.5 cups.

IMG_5035

Layer 1/3 of this in next.

IMG_5037

Then 1/3 of the whipped topping, and finally 1/3 of the fruit.

IMG_5039
Repeat with the other layers.

Refrigerate a few hours to let the flavors mix together.
IMG_5043
While I love my retro bowl, it does detract from being able to see all of the fruits and layers.
‘sok, cause it tasted good though!
IMG_5046
And that’s all that really matters, eh?

Here’s the printable.

~Tina

5 comments:

  1. OMGosh, this looks so good and perfect for me. 1. I love berry desserts and 2. I love "arranged" desserts. I'm really not that much of a baker, but things like this are what I'm known for:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am definitely going to! And I'll link back when I do:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so good, Tina! Love the retro bowl, too. I definitely want to make this (my list of things to make is getting longer and longer). Thanks for sharing the recipe. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my your blog is a treat! Makes me drool. Hey, I have a very similar bowl in turquoise and gold. I love retro!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...