Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, January 29, 2012

{ Ranch Snackin’ Crackers }

On Friday night, I had a Japanese Themed Game Night.


My nieces are huge anime/manga fans and therefore obsessed with all things Japanese.


A Japanese Themed Game Night seemed the right thing to do.


And the tasty way to do it.
(Who remembers those commercials? I seriously just dated myself there.)


My oldest niece, Emily, and I made Beef Sukiyaki and then I made crepes. Crepes, while not Asian, are very popular in Japan.


Or so I’m told.


So, what was the hit of the night?


Crackers.


Yeah, you read that right, they all went nuts over crackers.


Which were not the least bit Japanese and not the least bit hard to make.


Figures, doesn’t it?



There were five teenagers here, and I thought there was going to be a thrown down over the crackers.
True story.


Four girls and the Bean. You know who would have won that fight, right?

Yeah, the girls. Totally the girls.


The Bean has declared that I should make this everyday. Um.. I’ll get right on that.



In the meantime, here’s the recipe for you all:
Ranch Snackin’ Crackers
inspired by this recipe


1 packet of Ranch Dressing Mix
1 bag/box of Oyster Crackers
1/4 Cup of Oil
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder or garlic salt (depending on your preference)
parmesan cheese (in the shaker)

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F
In a large bowl, mix the oil, garlic, and dressing mix together. Once well blended, add oyster crackers and toss until fully covered.
IMG_9850

Place crackers in a single layer in a baking pan.
Bake for 20 mins, stirring every 5.
Remove from oven, and sprinkle with desired amount of parmesan cheese.
IMG_9853

Toss again.

Allow to cool & enjoy.

IMG_9855

I assume you store leftovers in a tightly sealed container or ziploc bag. I wouldn’t know.
I had no leftovers.

Tina


1 comment:

  1. These sound sooo yummy! I still have to bake those chocolate chip sandwich cookies..ahh I have so much to make!!!!

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...