Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Sunday, December 4, 2011

{ 1. 2. 3. Cheese Ball. }

123_4
This cheese ball is easy as 1….2….3.

Possibly 4, if you so choose.

This recipe is from my mother in law.

I must say nice things here, because she reads my blog.

“Hi, Carol!”

Wait til she leaves and we can REALLY dish.

Ha, just kidding, she’s pretty awesome.


This cheese ball is a *huge* hit every where she (or I) takes it. 

And it’s soooooooooooooooooo easy.

Here’s the cast list:

123
That is it!

You *CAN* roll this in chopped walnuts, as she does sometimes.

I don’t know why you’d ruin a perfectly good cheese ball though.

Also, the cream cheese you choose will make a difference in the firmness of your ball.

Dear Lord, please forgive me for typing that right there.

What I mean is this, full fat: ball form is possible.

Neufechatel: it is more of a spread.

Fat Free: Some where between a spread and a dip.

Pick your cheese as you will! As you can see, I went the Neufechatel route.

It’s a good route. A tasty one.

(Not that the other’s aren’t!)

Use any of the cold pack cheddars you wish. Mild, Sharp, Extra Sharp. Any name brand works as well.

Don’t use the kind with Port Wine though, it gives it a different flavor.

Let cream cheese &  cheese spread soften.

Now, try to keep up here.

1. Plop cheeses in mixing bowl


2. add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic


3. mix.



*WHEW* that was HARD WORK.


If using full fat cream cheese, roll into a ball. Add walnuts… if you must. (It was very hard for me to type that. Poor nutty cheese ball).

If using the others, scrape into a serving dish. (You can stir nuts into these first as well. sigh.).

Chill for at least an hour before serving.

Refrigerate leftovers.

You know, if there ARE any.

Also, I’m supposed to tell you this. If you leave this out for Santa, you *may* get a bigger gift.

123
Here’s another shot, because, I know you wanna see my spreader.
 
He IS adorable, after all.

123_2

And proof Santa likes cheesball!

Tina

6 comments:

  1. Entertaining as usual! And a yummy recipe added in! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well bummer I'm not sure we have an equivalent to that spreadable cheese here.. Looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, lordy - it's a pain to be technologically challenged!! This is my 3rd attempt at posting a comment, if this try doesn't succeed - I'm moving on. Sounds dee-lish!! Here's another easy one for you, along the same lines really: one 8 ounce block cream cheese, 8 ounces shredded cheddar (buy pre-shredded or feel free to shred your own) and one envelope dry Ranch dressing mix. Bring cheeses to room temp; mix all ingredients thoroughly - that's it!! Unless, of course, you feel it necessary to roll in nuts, chopped olives, bacon bits, etc. Happy eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I'm cracking up here! I've shown the recipe to Anthoney, and he says to add this to our Christmas day snackfest (minus the nuts).

    Thanks for sharing, Tina! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. DONNA. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. MUST TRY. Thanks!

    but.. no. Just no, to the adding of nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol, Thanks!

    Lauren, I couldn't find a substitute when I googled either :(

    Michelle, I hope you guys like it :D

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...