Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Saturday, December 10, 2011

{ Delicious 15 Minute Dessert }


It’s the Holiday Season. That’s a news flash, in case you didn’t know.

Consider yourself warned. You are welcome.

When this time of year rolls around, life gets a little hectic. 

So, if you are hosting a Christmas party and need a quick and easy and.. well, sinfully delicious dessert, give this a try.

I first thought of this 10+ years ago. I was having a party, had done all my shopping, and then realized I had NOTHING for sweeties.

What’s a girl to do? 

*rumble through cabients*
nada. 

*rumble through freezer*
zero. 

*rumble through fridge*
zilch.

Wait, a tube of Cinnamon Rolls? But, that’s lame, right?? 

That’s for breakfast, not dessert.

Hang on, I saw vanilla ice cream in freezer.

*DING*

Sweet Baby Ray, I just had a LIGHT BULB MOMENT!

I now offer you a bowl of gooey, cinnamony deliciousness, brought to you in 15 minutes.

How’s that for a Christmas gift?

All ya need is this

WarmCinRolls1

A tube of Cinnamon Rolls (shh… don’t tell, but we actually prefer the store brand over Pillsbury, but this is what I bought last night).

WarmCinRolls2

A cinnamon/sugar mixture. 

I used about 1/4 cup sugar to 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Add to your cinnamon preference.

I also threw a bit of white sugar crystals (like for topping cookies/cupcakes/etc) in there to make it prettier.
Then, bake rolls, and immediately put into serving dishes, add a scoop (or 2!) of ice cream. 

Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mix over the ice cream, and…

that’s it! 

WarmCinRolls
Yummness.

You can also top with whipped cream.

If you want to take it a step further, add a little apple pie filling to the bowl. 

My friend, Stephanie, was with me when I purchased the cinnamon rolls last night. 
 
When I told her what I was doing with them, I think she was a bit skeptical. 

Let me just tell you, she’s a convert.

Try it sometime… you won’t be sorry.

And you'll wonder why you didn't think of this earlier!

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...