Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

{ Black & White Latte }

 

IMG_9636

For a while now, I’ve been wanting to try Mommy’s Kitchen’s White Chocolate Mocha.

Problem? I don’t really like white chocolate.

Hey, don’t throw things at me, we all have our opinions.

My opinion of white chocolate? Not a good one. It’s just too sweet for me.

So, making this coffee seems silly right? Why make something you don’t like?

Yeah, true, but I can’t leave things alone.

I WANT to make it, but I won’t want to drink it, right?

Hmmm….

Well, here’s what I decided to do.

1/2 white chocolate + 1/2 chocolate= Black & White Latte

Actually, it started out black (chocolate chips), white (milk and white chocolate chips), but it comes out all brown, and I totally wanted to call it Okapi Coffee.

See, I love the Okapi. I think they are adorable.

Okapi picture nicked from Wikipedia

I wasn’t sure that coffee named after a wild beast would be all that appetizing.

 

So, Black & White Latte it is.

 

Black & White Latte (aka Okapi Coffee):

2/3 Cup Milk

3 Tablespoons White Chocolate Chips

3 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips (I used semi sweet, you can use dark or milk as well)

Strongly brewed coffee

Dash of vanilla

Whipped topping

Garnishes

 

Warm milk in a double boiler, or make one out of a pan and dish that you have.

That’s what Mommy’s Kitchen (see her recipe for a better photo) did, and what I did as well.

While milk is heating, make your coffee.

IMG_9632

Add chips in and stir until melted.

I, as always, added in a dash of vanilla. I can’t help it. I have a vanilla obsession. I’m not ashamed.

IMG_9633

Then add 1/2 of your milk mixture to your mug, finishing with enough coffee to fill, but allowing room for whipped cream.

Garnish as desired!

There you have it, Okapi Coffee,  ahem, Black & White Latte!

IMG_9636

Yields 2 (regular sized) Mugs… of love.

And Okapi-ness.

Tina

 

Mommy’s Kitchen’s original Copy Cat Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...