Search Sugar Bean Bakers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

{ Chocolate Chip Cheeseball }


My mom first made this several years ago.

I'm not sure where she found the recipe, honestly.

This takes the traditional savory cheeseball and turns it on it’s head.

Dessert cheeseball? Oh, yes.

This only takes a few basic ingredients, I’d guess you have them in your house already, and about 10 minutes
(plus chilling time, I mean for the cheeseball, but you can chill while it does as well).

I didn’t do step by step photos because this is so simple.

Oh, and as for the mini chocolate chips, use ‘em if you’ve got ‘em, but I have made this many times with full sized chocolate chips.

Believe me when I say no one complained about said chip size.

You know, because their mouths were full.

Merry Chocolate, I mean.. Christmas! Yeah, Merry Christmas!

Tina



Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
1 package cream cheese, softened
1 stick butter, softened
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Beat your cream cheese, butter and vanilla in mixer until fluffy.

Add your sugars until well mixed.

Stir in chocolate chips nuts, if desired.

Cover and chill for 2 hours, then form into ball.

(This is not actually necessary. I mean, if you feel the need and aren’t worried about firmness, just plunge right in. You know you want to. Who needs it in ball form anyway?)

Serve with graham crackers or vanilla wafers.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, yeah! THAT'S what I'M talkin' about! My neighbor brought us some dip like that last year and some cinnamon graham crackers and it was to DIE for. SOOOOOO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is delicious! mmmm...mmmmm...mmmmmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for my NYE party...it was delicious!!! I served it in a glass bowl and covered the top with more chocolate chips (one can never have too much chocolate!)...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, thanks for posting back and letting me know how you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete

www.sugarbeanbakers.com

...because life should be sweet.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...